STIR Student Design Contest Offers Burgeoning Student Designers a Chance at Professional Recognition, Prizes
CLEVELAND (March 1, 2011) — Sherwin-Williams celebrates excellence in student-generated residential and commercial design with its STIR® Student Design Contest. Running March 1 – April 15, 2011, the contest has two categories for entry: residential design and commercial design. The first-place winner from each will win a $2,500 cash prize and have their work featured in STIRmagazine—an annual Sherwin-Williams publication written for the professional design community and published each year in July.
“The goal for this contest is to provide design students with an outlet to flex their creative muscles as they begin their careers,” said Jackie Jordan, Sherwin-Williams director of color marketing and official judge for the contest. “We are eager to see the submissions and anticipate a tough competition in selecting our winner. We hope that no matter the outcome, all entrants walk away energized by the chance to bring their design ideas to life.”
Contest winners will be featured in the Sherwin-Williams STIR eExtra email newsletter and on theSTIR website in May. In addition to the grand prize winners, second and third place cash prizes of $1,000 and $500, respectively, will be awarded in each category. Along with their prizes, the winning student designers will be featured on the Sherwin-Williams Facebook page for designers and architects.
Visit contest.swstir.com for full details.
- The contest will run from March 1 to April 15, 2011.
- To enter, visit contest.swstir.com.
- There are two categories to enter: residential design or commercial design.
- Entries must use a defined palette of up to seven Sherwin-Williams colors of the student’s choice
- Entrants will be able to upload CAD files or illustrations directly online.
- Winners will be announced in May. There will be a first place ($2,500 cash prize), second place ($1,000 cash prize) and third place ($500 cash prize) winner in each category.
- One entry per student. Student must be a resident of North America and enrolled as a student during the contest entry period.
For 145 years, Sherwin-Williams has satisfied the coating and color needs of builders, designers, specifiers, property managers and contractors. Sherwin-Williams provides fast, flexible, responsive local service and personalized, expert advice. More than 3,300 stores and 1,400 sales representatives make Sherwin-Williams North America’s largest single-source supplier of high-quality paints, stains, masonry coatings and brand-name wall and floor coverings. Visit sherwin-williams.com. For green solutions, visit swgreenspecs.com.